(PUPTASTIC NATURALS -– EMAIL TO DIRECT READER TO WEB SALES PAGE)
Subject: STOP POISONING YOUR PET!
DO YOU REMEMBER the MASSIVE 2007 pet food recalls? The contamination and wide recall of many brands of cat and dog foods and the ensuing developments of reports of renal failure in pets were associated with the consumption of mostly wet pet foods made with wheat gluten from a single Chinese company. But what about pet treats?
ONE NAME YOU CAN TRUST for being sure you are feeding your pet healthful treats is Puptastic Naturals, created by Furry Friends Natural Products, Inc. Our treats are made in a “people safe” kitchen with farm-fresh ingredients including eggs, lean poultry, lamb, liver and beef for protein; brown rice and potatoes for starch; and carrots, green beans, pumpkin and sweet potato for healthy nutrients and fiber. Our treat products are corn and soy free!
Key Benefits of Puptastic Naturals
- With only 3.5 calories per treat they are great for on the go snacks or training purposes and won’t add on the pounds
- Healthy nutrient rich cherries, rosemary and turmeric are added to help maintain optimal health
- Each of our 5 flavors is baked with loving care in a “people safe” quality kitchen that exceeds the standards of the FDA (Food & Drug Administration) and the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials).
- The small size is ideal for canines of all sizes, breeds and ages. The size is also convenient to travel in your pocket for convenience
- So tasty even the pickiest eaters won’t turn up their noses to Puptastic Treats
- Vitamin E is used as a preservative. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient that is essential for a dog’s muscles, circulatory system, and aides in injury healing. It’s also an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
All treats that claim organic or natural are not equal. Many of them contain ingredients that sound edible for humans, but are not healthful for your dog. You have to read labels and know which ingredients you should avoid giving your pet and why. Check our website for the whole story.
Find Out How To Get Your Free Trial Sampler Coupon (A $20.00 Value) For All 5 Flavors Of Puptastic Naturals Treats Here! (LINK)
Go to our website www.puptasticnaturals.com for the rest of the story, and why you should be giving only the best pet treats to your lovable furry friend.
We get responses from many people praising our pet treats. Try them for your pet and you will agree.
- Dale, Traverse City, Michigan –
“I’m grateful to have found your treats! Your ingredients are the real deal and I respect that you work with local farms that raise animals and crops with organic or natural methods. Our dogs are truly our bet friends, and we won’t feed them anything less than human-grade ingredients. Thank you so much for producing a quality product for our pups.”
- Jefferson, Williamsburg, VA –
“Bentley just goes bonkers for your lamb treats! He’s just a young guy, and we’ve been using your treats to train him on his good manners. It’s such a comfort to know I’m giving him a healthy treat every time he sits patiently or comes when called. I think your Puptastic Naturals are fantastic! J”
Puptastic Naturals are sold in pet boutiques and better pet stores, and directly from our store online. Compare our prices against our competitors and you’ll be pleasantly surprised how such a wholesome product made in our “people safe” kitchen with only the best hand-picked meats (eggs, lean poultry, lamb, liver, and beef and veggies) can be priced so low.
Order today and get an EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS 3-oz. box of treats with your order – while supplies last.
SUBJECT: ARE YOU UNKNOWKINGLY POISONING YOUR PET?
How Do You Know If Your Dog’s Treats Are Safe…?
You need to learn about the dangers in commercial pet food to keep your pet from harm, and I’m going to tell you how… But first I’d like to tell you about my friend Betty whose pet Dachshund, Fritz, died several years ago. I’ve never known anyone who took better care of their pet. She made sure he was bathed and groomed, got plenty of exercise, vaccinated by the veterinarian when due, trained for good manners, placed on a pedestal in Betty’s household, and spoiled rotten.
Everything in her home was geared for that short-legged loveable hotdog. He even had a set of pet stairs to reach Betty’s bed that was too high for him to jump up to sleep or snuggle whenever he wanted.
Fritz loved Betty unconditionally, and trusted her implicitly. I’d like to tell you that Fritz lived a long, healthy life…I’d like to tell you that, but the truth is, Betty trusted the name brand instead of reading labels on the pet food or treats she fed Fritz. I’ll tell you more about what happened to Fritz in a minute, but first I want to ask you…do you know what’s in your pet’s food?
Everyone wants to give the best food and pet treats to their dog. Whether it’s natural or organic there are good and bad among both types. Let me show you what I mean. You read the label carefully noting the ingredients, but some of it is Greek to you…and even though some of the list of ingredients sounds good enough for humans to eat…how do you know if it’s good for your pet?
According to Steve Pelletier, VP, Food at Petnet, the way the pet food industry works today, some bags or boxes of pet food sit for long times waiting to be shipped, sometimes for months. Preservatives are necessary to keep the fat in the food from becoming rancid. But not all preservatives are created equal; while some are natural and can have some health benefits, others are chemicals that can cause harm to a pet.
Another expert who has reported the same conclusions is Dr. John Tegzes, VMD, DABVT (Diplomatic American Board of Veterinary Toxology), reporting for the Dog Food Advisor. He says if you see any of the following chemicals listed as a preservative, “…just walk away and look for a different product.”
- Ethoxyquin — this is a pesticide, and it’s also a hardening agentfor making synthetic rubber. Its been linked to causing cancer. Ethoxyquin has been under investigation by the FDA as a possible cause for certain liver and blood It is banned from pet food in Australia and the European Union, so why not here?
- Propylene glycol — this the key component in newer automotive anti-freeze. It’s a controversial additive used to help preserve the moisture content in some commercial dog foods. However, propylene glycol is considerably safer (less toxic) than its far more dangerous cousin — ethylene glycol. Yet because of its proven ability to cause a serious type of blood disease in some animals — Heinz body anemia — propylene glycol has been banned by the FDA for use in cat food. Unfortunately, it can still be used to make dog food.
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) – the World Health Organization has named both BHT and BHA as suspicious cancer-causing compounds, plus the State of California has now identified BHA as a possible carcinogen.
Considering these troubling issues, you’d think these preservatives would be shunned by the pet food industry. Unfortunately, both BHA and BHT can still be found in a number of commercial dog foods. According to pet statistics from the ASPCA there are 78 Million dogs, and 85.8 Million cats in the United States alone. Companies in the pet food industry generally try to make pet food as inexpensively as possible to raise their bottom line. Our pets are at the mercy of the almighty dollar.
Feeding your dog the same food long term month-after-month, or year-after-year can add a notable risk of toxicity. Our pets are like a captive audience. They eat what we put in front of them. Getting back to Betty and her Dachshund…you have probably figured out by now what happened to poor Fritz. He developed cancerous tumors on his underside, then he lost control of his bowels. The vet told Betty the cancer most likely spread throughout his body and the humane thing to do would be to put him to sleep.
Betty was heartbroken and didn’t want another pet for fear the same thing would happen. Because she loved animals so much, she volunteered at the animal shelter and learned about chemicals in pet food and the kind of food she should have been feeding Fritz. She fell in love with a little Terrier whom she adopted and took home. Lucky, the Terrier, is still giving Betty joy to this day and she only feeds him grain and soy free natural food. She learned a valuable lesson the hard way.
So what’s the solution? Look for organic or natural pet foods and treats? Even here, whether it’s natural or organic there are good and bad among both types. Let me show you what I mean. You read the label carefully noting the ingredients…but even though the list of ingredients sounds good enough for humans to eat…how do you know if it’s good for your pet?
I want to tell you about an organic, natural dog treat that you can trust!
I met an animal loving couple from Grayslake, Illinois, Robbie and Linda Brinkley. They too were concerned about the nutrition and wholesomeness of pet food for their five dogs and cat. Their solution was to start making the food themselves. Back in 1990 they connected with area farmers who raise their animals and produce organically, non GMO and chemical free. They hand pick the meat and vegetables they use and prepare the pet food in a people-safe kitchen with higher standards than the FDA and the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials).
They named their business Furry Friends Natural Products. They have developed five different recipes of natural organic pet food and treats that you can gradually rotate with your pet’s diet to give them variety and keep them from developing even the slightest chance of food allergies. Their pet treats are an extra special tidbit named Puptastic Naturals, made with love and are great to have around for your pet for a between meal snack or for training purposes.
Key Benefits of Puptastic Naturals
- With only 3.5 calories per treat, they can prohibit putting pounds on your pet and keeping him happy and healthy with fewer trips to the vet
- Our treats are “kitchen-made” with farm-fresh ingredients including eggs, lean poultry, lamb, liver, and beef for protein; brown rice and potatoes for starch; and carrots, green beans, pumpkin and sweet potato for healthy nutrients and fiber. All for the good health of your pup
- Healthful nutrient rich cherries, rosemary and turmeric are added to help maintain optimal health. They are an excellent source of antioxidants and vitamin A, C, iron and manganese, turmeric is also a good source of Vitamin B6, dietary fiber and potassium. These help keep certain of pet’s organs, muscles and coat in great shape
- The small size of our treats is ideal for canines of all sizes, breeds and ages. Keep a few in your pocket for when your pet behaves as he should and you want to reward him
- So tasty even the pickiest eaters will love Puptastic Naturals Time saving and no more wasting money buying different brands that your pooch turns his nose up to
- No corn, wheat or soy added make these morsels easy to digest and won’t interfere with the digestive tract
- No “meal” or “by-products” added as filler, ever…our protein is derived from the whole meat
One name you can trust for being sure you are feeding your pet healthful treats is Puptastic Naturals.
- What if the ingredient list includes ‘grain’?
- Grain can mean corn, oats, soy, among others. Our dogs and cats are designed by nature to eat protein from meat sources, not grains. The high grain content of many pet foods and treats is a primary contributor to the growing obesity and allergy problems in pets. You won’t find these in Puptastic Naturals treats. This doesn’t mean all grains are bad for your dog, but treats with grains can really pack on the pounds if not used wisely.
You can trust Puptastic Naturals treats for your much-loved dog. We make these treats in our “people safe” kitchen and use only fresh, hand-selected ingredients from local farms that follow chemical-free practices.
- Okay, So Are Grains Good or Bad?
- A. I recently came across an article written by the Great Dane Lady, Linda Arndt, who is a well respected Great Dane breeder and researcher. Her site is full of excellent information for Great Dane guardians, but many of her gems of wisdom are applicable for all dogs.
She goes on to say, “There is some notion out there in cyberspace that grains are bad, when in fact grains are only bad when they were used as the basis for commercial foods, in other words grain is listed first on the label…now that’s bad. In super premium and holistic lines, grains are used as carbohydrate components, not as protein and not as filler, and that is good thing. Plus the quality of grains used in holistic and super premium lines is grade #1 Human Grade or Organic. This means low gluten components in the grains.”
Grain-Free is Not Always Best “After test feeding the diet over a long period of time by a well-known pet food manufacturer, several changes were witnessed in the dogs energy levels, coat and body weight. All were negative effects. The dogs had significant weight loss, it took much more food to maintain the dogs weight, coats became brittle and the dog’s energy levels plummeted, real working dogs were lacking in endurance. After seeing this results over many months of feed trial research, they decided to put the Grade #1 whole corn back into their holistic diet – as a carbohydrate source, and after thousands of bags were sold not one allergy was reported.”
Human food is not always safe for pets either. You might not know it, but almost all of the pet foods and treats on the market contain one or more ingredients aside from grains, that your pets should not be eating, for instance coconut, milk, and salt all sound harmless. But according to the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), those and additional foods like avocado, raisins, grapes, garlic, onions, shallots, chives, chocolate, alcohol, coffee, caffeine, macadamia nuts, yeast dough, raw or undercooked meats, and bones can be toxic to your pet or make him ill. You won’t find any of those ingredients in Puptastic Naturals.
Puptastic Naturals was created by Robbie and Linda Brinkley who started Furry Friends Natural Products in 1990 in Grayslake, Illinois. They own several dogs and cats and work hard to find local farms that follow organic and healthy practices for raising poultry, cattle, etc., and also for growing produce. They represent all the pet parents who want to provide safe and tasty dog treats that support good health.
Pet food recall scares have created buyers that are much more likely to research ingredients or look for all-natural products they can feel good about buying. Dogs will eat almost anything and pet owners know this. So the buyers want to control what their dogs eat to make sure their pets avoid anything that could cause any problems in their digestive tract or something worse. As a result, “responsible” treat manufacturers appeal to their buyers by setting themselves apart from big corporations or products made in China, for example…but if you read their labels you will still find certain ingredients that should steer you away from buying them.
Reasons why Puptastic Naturals doesn’t use the above list of foods in our treats…
Milk & Dairy: Because pets do not possess significant amounts of lactase (the enzyme that breaks down lactose in milk), milk and other dairy-based products cause them diarrhea or other digestive upsets.
Coconut & Coconut Oil: When ingested in small amounts, coconut and coconut-based products are not likely to cause serious harm to your pet. The flesh and milk of fresh coconuts do contain oils that may cause stomach upset, loose stools or diarrhea. Because of this, we encourage you to use caution when offering your pets these foods. Coconut water is high in potassium and should not be given to your pet.
Salt: Large amounts of salt can produce excessive thirst and urination, or even sodium ion poisoning in pets.
Avocado: Avocado is primarily a problem for birds, rabbits, donkeys, horses, and ruminants including sheep and goats. The biggest concern is for cardiovascular damage and death in birds. Horses, donkeys and ruminants frequently get swollen, edematous head and neck.
Raisins & Grapes: Although the toxic substance within grapes and raisins is unknown, these fruits can cause kidney failure. Until more information is known about the toxic substance, it is best to avoid feeding grapes and raisins to dogs.
Garlic, Onions, Shallots, & Chives: These vegetables and herbs can cause gastrointestinal irritation and could lead to red blood cell damage. Although cats are more susceptible, dogs are also at risk if a large enough amount is consumed.
Chocolate, Coffee, & Caffeine: When ingested by pets, methylxanthines can cause vomiting and diarrhea, panting, excessive thirst and urination, hyperactivity, abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures and even death. Note that darker chocolate is more dangerous than milk chocolate.
Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages and food products containing alcohol can cause vomiting, diarrhea, decreased coordination, central nervous system depression, difficulty breathing, tremors, abnormal blood acidity, coma and even death.
Macadamia Nuts: Macadamia nuts can cause weakness, depression, vomiting, tremors and hyperthermia in dogs.
Yeast Dough: Yeast dough can rise and cause gas to accumulate in your pet’s digestive system. This can be painful and can cause the stomach to bloat, and potentially twist, becoming a life threatening emergency.
Raw/Undercooked Meats, Eggs & Bones: Raw meat and raw eggs can contain bacteria such as Salmonella and E. coli that can be harmful to pets and humans. Raw eggs contain an enzyme called avidin that decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin), which can lead to skin and coat problems. Feeding your pet raw bones may seem like a natural and healthy option that might occur if your pet lived in the wild. However, this can be very dangerous for a domestic pet, who might choke on bones, or sustain a grave injury should the bone splinter and become lodged in or puncture your pet’s digestive tract.
- No one cares more about what goes into pet treats than Puptastic Naturals
- Each of our 5 flavors is baked with loving care in a “people food” –quality kitchen that exceeds the standards of the FDA (Food & Drug Administration) and the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials).
- Our treats are available at finer boutique pet retailers throughout the U.S., or you can order them directly from our store in Grayslake, Illinois
If you suspect your pet has eaten any of the foods listed above, please note the amount ingested and contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA.
For more information or questions regarding “is this safe to feed my dog?”, please refer to … ASPCA at (888) 426-4435 or ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center website.
When it comes to treating our dogs with tasty snacks, many pet owners give them just because they want to make their furry friend happy, but remember that all treats should be given in moderation. Treats can be a useful tool while training your pet. Giving him treats to show your love will lose its power to train certain behaviors, so please don’t over-do it.
Another great reason to treat your dog with Puptastic Naturals is the healthful ingredients. Our treats are made with wholesome, fresh meats and vegetables. Vitamin E is added as a natural preservative. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient that is essential for a dog’s muscles, circulatory system, and aides in injury healing. It’s also an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
In many countries, treats are like junk food. The treats with empty calories are also contributing to a massive increase in pet obesity. In the United States, dogs are just as likely to be overweight or obese as humans are.
You want your pet to be able to run, jump, and play well past his adult years. Imagine seeing a senior dog so overweight he can only waddle…or he is so racked with arthritis he can barely move. Giving your pet the right food and treats will help him have a long, happy life with the humans he loves, and maybe even ward off sickness and unnecessary trips to the vet.
The nutrition that your dog requires is based on a lot of variables. It’s affected by his breed, size, age, weight, skin and coat condition, medical history, and overall health just to name a few.
It’s no wonder we love to spoil our pups so much with new things. That’s why we here at Furry Friends Natural Products, Inc., are constantly updating our inventory to provide you with the best new dog treats and dog chews for indulging purposes. With so many flavorful options available at an unbeatable price, shopping for Puptastic Naturals is a win-win situation for both you and your pet!
Surprisingly, most veterinarians don’t necessarily recommend any dog treats that are exclusively made for dogs.
Vet Recommended Safe Dog Treats
Sep 3, 2015
“As a veterinarian, I’m very much on the side of healthy dog treats, and particularly those that are 100% natural and possibly even made by you, the owner. However, there are safe and healthy dog treats available for purchase which I as a vet would recommend. Puptastic Naturals made by Furry Friends Natural Products, Inc. is made with 100% natural ingredients, doesn’t contain any artificial colors, flavors, or chemical preservatives. They are affordable and easily found in major pet stores and pet boutiques. I recommend Puptastic Naturals to my pet parents.”
Leslie M. from Chicago, Illinois—
“I’ve been using Puptastic Naturals for over 10 years now and the reaction of my guys to when I open the box is just incredible. They are energetic, wide eyed, and if you’re not careful will tend to wrestle over the open box and reach in and sample what they can. They love this stuff and I love them. Great product.”
James F. from Traverse City, Michigan—
“I believe the food you eat is what your body becomes. Feeding quality food to my dog is extremely important. Feeding them well means they will have less visits to the vet. They look forward to the occasional between meal treat. Puptastic Naturals is by far the best pet treat on the market.”
- Furry Friends Natural Products is owned by a pet loving couple who started the company in 1990
- A reputable company with a track record of natural product success
- Endorsed by pet authorities, are FDA- and AAFCO-approved
- Supported by Customer Service Staff available for orders and product info 9am to 6pm EST, Monday through Friday
- Guaranteed satisfaction (100% Money Back Guarantee)
Puptastic Naturals are available in 5 flavors and two convenient sizes: 16-oz. box for $12.99, or when you order the economy 32-oz. box for $23.99, you will receive a free trial sampler coupon valued at $20.00 redeemable on your next order.
Our Customer Service staff are available to take your order by phone 9am to 6pm EST Monday through Friday – (456) 123-5578, OR fill out the form below to place your order and mail to Puptastic Naturals, PO Box 116, Grayslake, Illinois 60030.
Phone (in case we have problems) _______________________
If ordering by Credit Card, we accept
Discover/Master Card/Visa/ American Express:
Exp. Date ________(xx/xx) CVV ____
Request your free Trial Sampler Coupon for Puptastic Naturals including all 5 flavors, by ordering a 32-oz. economy size box of treats.
Check Box to Sign up for AUTO SHIPPING and get 20% off plus FREE SHIPPING on First Order
SIGN UP FOR AUTO SHIPPING
Get 20% off + free shipping on your first order! All futures orders get 5% off + free shipping